Board Condominium Crime Governance Volunteer

Formal Charges Sought Against the Association Board


F.P. from Fairfield County writes:

Dear Mister Condo,

How does an owner file a formal charge against an association board? Who can I contact? Thanks.

Mister Condo replies:

F.P., while I am not clear what you mean by a formal charge I am sorry to learn that you feel your Board has behaved in such a manner that they deserve to have charges, formal or other, brought against them. If they have done something illegal like stolen association funds, you may wish to call the police and report a theft. If it something less egregious, you may wish to consult with an attorney to see what actions you can bring against them in a court of law. Depending on the dollar amount in questions, Small Claims court might work. If it is a civil matter like discrimination then Civil Court may be the way to go. If the Board is simply not performing to the expectations of you and your fellow residents, I would recommend you vote them out of office at the next Annual Meeting when the election of Board members occurs. Good luck.

4 thoughts on “Formal Charges Sought Against the Association Board”

  1. If we are talking criminal charges you would start with the local police and then county then state. First thing is to put a summary of your complaint together. Add some exhibits to back up your claims. Then you file a police report and ask for to speak with a detective. If this doesn’t work then move onto the county prosecutor office.

    I’m in the process of filing charges against our property manager who owns the board and the attorney.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *