Board Condominium Governance Volunteer

Who Can Serve on the Condo Master Association?


N.S. from Hartford County writes:

Dear Mister Condo,

I am a unit owner in a condo that has both its own association and a master association. The master association is responsible for something like 7 different complexes. I heard another unit owner say that my complex’s association is entitled to representation on the master association. Is this true? I’m not sure if this is currently how things are set-up, so I might look into it. Thanks

Mister Condo replies:

N.S., master associations are not much different than individual associations with regards to their make-up and governance. Your condo documents outline the governance provisions of your association including your individual association and the Master Association. The relationship between the individual associations and the Master Association varies from development to development so you should carefully review your documents to better understand the relationship and the rules of governance. Once you have a handle on what the rules and regulations are, you can determine if you are eligible to serve and if service on the Master Association Board is of interest to you. Then you can determine how to get nominated and elected to serve on the Master Association Board. Thank you for your interest in volunteering to serve in your community associations. I wish you success in your endeavor.

1 thought on “Who Can Serve on the Condo Master Association?”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *